Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Aural clues

I'm in my office. I close my eyes and i can know:

how much it's snowed by the almost mute quality of the sounds made by cars in the street outside; that Kwame hasn't peed in a long time because the splashing in the toilet goes on forever; that the air i'm breathing has come to me through tubes, by the whispering of the ventilation system; that my chewing of the gum in my mouth pushes aside the saliva that covers it over and over, by the squelching sounds produced every time i sink my teeth in it; that there is some kind of spring underneath the keys on the computer's keyboard, because i hear them twang faintly when i release them.

2 comments:

sattva said...

THERE was a child went forth every day;
And the first object he look’d upon, that object he became;
And that object became part of him for the day, or a certain part of the day, or for many years, or stretching cycles of years.

Walt Whitman


Sorry, just could not resist reciting this piece. Dont't ask me why, though - it's been a while since I decided to stop trying to explain what is happening in the depth of the human sunconsciousness. Brings nothing else but headacke...

Anyhow, guess what was I doing today for those previous few hours? Reading your blog, my Dear Mariano... Magical. Thank You.

Tugc said...

we still havent got any snow...it was pretty warm today actually..

Locations of visitors to this page