Sunday, September 24, 2006

Two firsts

First snow in the city, on and off, all day today. At the beginning, tiny balls of ice pelting down; later true flakes, swirling outside my window. Not enough to pile up yet, but there are white patches on the ground already, here and there.

Then, tonight, on a trip to the laundry, i look up and the clouds have split. A pearly, ghostly, grey-greenish curtain hangs up there, shifting slowly. Pale, but definite.

Only forerunners of much more intense displays, i hope.

1 comment:

...The eyes of the world said...

Call me cynical, but I really do not Like snow. For me, it is just rain that stays for longer. I will at anytime prefer sunshine and a beach than snow and mountains. Why be wet and cold when you can be warm and naked? Or sun, dont go away. Oh, Tromsø keep the snow for you.

Locations of visitors to this page