Thursday, December 01, 2005

Surreal slurry

My log titles have lately been overly aliterative, but today i simply couldn't help it: after all, it has been snowing for four days now, almost non-stop. Slushy stuff, heavy. Slanting roofs are not such a good solution for heavy snow fall, after all. Why not just build thicker, flat roofs? That way i wouldn't have been caught by the tiny avalanche that surprised me this morning as i was going into my classroom. It just --phlumped!-- right on top of me, and by the time i realized what had happened, i was standing knee deep in snow: there was some in my shoes, some under my shirt, and even some in my butt crack (i swear!). Luckily it was 7:15 a.m., so nobody saw me -- if i'd seen something like this happen to someone else, i'd have peed on myself, just laughing.

So, all in all, things weren't as bad as they could have turned out. No packed ice cracking my knuckle, just soft, slushy snow soaking it. No peeing on myself, either. I actually feel quite special. I mean, what are the chances?!? This is only my 5th winter here. The universe must think i deserve special treatment.

I realize i must be leading a very screwed up existence when my spirits are lifted by 30 kilos of snow dropping at once on my head. In fact, it's the most exhilarating thing that has happened to me in the last few weeks. All the little and big dramas that come with end of term have been, this year, particularly difficult to plod through.

Gotta run to a meeting.
Friggin meeting.
Pick-a-nitting.
Friggin meeting.
Yippeee!

1 comment:

Dilly said...

Hahahahahah Mariano! Te amo! <--last bit of spanish I remembered. You always crack me up. Your blog's hilarious, and I think I'm gonna spend the night with the image of snow down your buttcrack plaguing my mind. Actually, your buttcrack's enough already. :)

Thought you might like the little s&m. life gets a little cold and a little dreary in Norway, and some good o'l leather and chains will "whip" up some excitement. That was really an advertisement for a party held by the queer alliance. A raunchy semi naked party which unfortunately got infiltrated by fox news and publicised throughout the nation gaining Brown University much unwanted notoriety. Among the adults only of course :) I can't believe I missed that party though, all my friends went, I forgot to get tickets and spent the night with my dear boyfriend, clearing up his barf, for we had drunk too much in sorrow. Its funny how dating an american makes you so much more gasp, dare I say it? Maternal, because they're such ridiculous slobs. Well not maternal really, but a stronger inclination towards sensibility and responsiblity I really should stop dating younger men ;) Don't worry though I'm not properly grown up yet! People still think I'm fourteen.

hahaa, nice to know that sweden house seems to be doing well, despite the lack of mess.

Ooh I've just finished the Golden Compass in the Philip Pullman's His Dark Material's trilogy. If you haven't read it (i doubt it) You must indeed! I've never been so enthralled and gripped by a novel for quite awhile. :) and knowing you and your penchant for funny sci fi, you'd enjoy it.

Ooookay, I will potter (ooh harry potter. the new movie) off now!

Hugs n Kisses
Michelle

Locations of visitors to this page