Thursday, January 21, 2010

Two Arrivals

I can't sleep tonight. I don't even want to. I probably will, a few hours, later, but now I'm fully awake, vibrating at life's richness and generosity. It is amazing and surprising how so much can happen.

Yesterday, January 20th at 22:05 p.m., I found out that, less than 6 months from now, I'll be the uncle of a little girl. I swear to do everything in my power to make her life as rich and interesting and fulfilling as possible. I would like her to find many questions to ask, to have no fear in pursuing the answers, to live with her face in the wind, loving and loved, in freedom, caring about others and understanding that their well-being and her own are connected.

And today, about 20 hours from now, I will be holding in my arms the man I love. I swear to do everything in my power to make his life as rich and interesting and fulfilling as possible. I would like him and me to find many questions to ask together and on our own, to have no fear in pursuing our answers and sharing them with each other, to live with our faces in the wind, loving and loved and in freedom, caring about the world that surrounds us and understanding that our well-being is connected to its health.

2 comments:

grzegorz said...

beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dopo l'arrivo, spesso c'è la partenza.
Ma c'è chi è arrivato per restare... È solo una questione di tempo. Grazie di tutto, pive ;-)

Locations of visitors to this page