Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cats and the weather

A couple of years ago, when i moved into this house, i asked Victor to replace one of the window panes in my bathroom by a wooden plank on which he then proceeded to fit my cat's trapdoor.

Since then, Mooshee comes in and out of the house in all weathers. When it's raining a lot or she's wet from slithering around in the damp underbrush, she comes in soaking wet and then spends a long time licking the water off her fur... Which I suppose, in cat terms, is the equivalent of taking a shower, putting on deodorant and having a cup of herbal tea all in one go. I can particularly tell when she has spent some time in the foliage, because she smells sweet and fragrant in a way I associate with the countryside, here.

If I get too close she stops her licking and throws me a "oh, you really want to bother me now, do you?" kind of glance. She holds my eyes for a couple of seconds and then is again absorbed by the water in her coat.

Well, not quite literally. What a sight that would be.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page