Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Messed Up Dream

It was as if i was watching a movie. Produced by me, obviously, and i was one of the actors as well. The writers and directors should be fired (probably me, too). Action quite fragmentary, but i don't know if that's because i tend not to remember whole dreams, or because it was one of those crazy independent films.

Brad Pitt and Michelle Pfeiffer were in it. In the first scene, they're a couple that's breaking up in front of a doctor. The doctor explains how break-ups work.

Then later i'm with my boyfriend. He wants to get pregnant. The aforementioned doctor manages it, explains how he did it. Something to do with a hose.

Next, my boyfriend and me are in our backyard. He's giving birth on a blue blanket on the grass. Our friends are around. I recognize only a few. My boyfriend seems calm and happy, but he has turned into a woman.

The spectator is not to know what the result of this birth is. At the beginning of the next scene, a caption at the bottom of the screen reads "Years Later". The image zooms in on a map, until you can see the outline of South Africa, except that in the dream i know it as Zambia. The camera finally stops on a dot that's a village called Respekt.

Michelle Pfeiffer and me are in a forest outside this village. It's a forest that used to be under her stewardship, but now it looks withered and sickly. We hear the noise of engines. We move cautiously through the trees. I think she may have been my boyfriend all along, but i'm just now realizing it. Our child's nowhere to be seen.

Brad Pitt has taken over the forest and is cutting it down. Among the yellow-helmeted men that are doing this job for him i recognize one of the students from my Spanish ab initio class, except in this dream he has hair that's long and blond instead of short and brown. I yell at him "How can you be doing this after i taught you!", but he smiles at me in his very friendly manner and keeps doing his job. He's cutting a tree with a chainsaw.

Pfeiffer and me try to stop all this, but someone produces a nail gun and they shot her in the leg. As my character runs towards her, the spectator that i am wonders why these men would have a nail gun when they're trying to cut wood, not put it together. Next moment, a nail is shot through my head.

The scene goes black just as it does in movies to symbolize someone's lose of consciousness, and for a moment i'm afraid i won't wake up again, but then the character played by me opens his eyes at the doctor's office, who is explaining how lucky i was. From among the public (of which i'm now dimly aware) i notice there's a gaping, bleeding hole in the middle of his\my forehead. The doctor, however, insists that "the nail slid around your skull and went out the other side, luckily".

I'm flailing on a stretcher, asking to please make my brain slow down. I'm thinking too many things at once, feel as if my mind is going to start smoking soon, so high is its speed. The nail has changed me, somehow, and the doctor confirms it by saying that yes, this is a side effect of the whole experience, and i'll have to live with it for the rest of my life. I continue to flail, arms holding me down to the stretcher, but i know my character is strangely happy. Somehow one knows he's actually pretending; in reality, he's real happy to have been so altered.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page